Friday, December 12, 2008

A Christmas I Wont Forget

Well, tonight a celebrated a wonderful event! Christmas with my half brother, his wife and their 2 beautiful girls! It was a wonderous event because I just reconnected with him in August. The last time I saw him was at a family reunion on my fathers (aka sperm donors) side of the family. Let me tell you about that one! Noone knew he even had a daughter! I was 21 years old when I met him for the first time. And get this....we lived in the same city the whole time!! Not only that but I stayed the night with my aunt (his sister) numerous times as I was growing up! This particular brother stayed the night there with me a couple of times but I dont think I knew he was my brother at the time. Anyway, so I went to the family reunion a few months later and met my other half brother. (BTW, the first half brother I spoke of is only 9 DAYS younger then my, so needless to say our father was getting busy!) My other brother is a couple of years older. So, at the end of the family reunion, the last thing my grandparents and aunt said to me was "it was good seeing you. We will have to do this in another couple of years (because that is how often they have the family reunions)." OK...so that tells me that they dont want to see me until then....and keep in mind, they also live in the same city as me! So I was a bit upset, infuriated, hurt....and didnt talk much to my father after that. I really wanted to see what he was like and who I looked like. I have had a DAD since I was 9 months old, so I wasnt looking for another one. So, 7 years goes by and it finally dawns on me that I should look my brothers up on my myspace! Low and behold, I found both of them, and one of them lives within a few miles from me! Last I had heard he lived about 4 hours away!

So, since then, we talk regularly and I have grown to love them and it feels like we have known eachother a lot longer then 4 months! So, last night was our first Christmas together ever!!!! (well, with my younger brother....my older brother's wife decided they didnt want to do Christmas with us but that we would probably see them in January....WHATEVER). It was a memory I wont forget and I am VERY thankful to have them in my life!!!

2 comments:

Jormengrund said...

It was fun! I just wish the other group would be willing to spend time with us as well, but I think they're still trying to get used to us before they actually do anything..

Tonya said...

I am so glad you had a good time, i hope that is just the start of many other meetings. I am so glad you got to reconnect.