Sunday, January 17, 2010

Accountability

So, I put off starting this blog about my weight loss journey because I didnt want to fail publicly! Well, I was right...I started my "new life" on January 4th, in preparation for the Biggest Loser Fitness Ridge Resort. Started keeping my daily calorie count to 1200 calories! Man is that hard! I did ok for the first 4 days, but had a couple hundred extra calories on the weekend. I "didnt find time" to exercise that whole week, which is always an excuse, I know. I work full time, but that week I had worked 51 hours...mostly over 4 days instead of 5, and by the time I got home in the evening, the last thing I wanted to do was exercise. The silly thing is that I have a Wii with two great work out games....Wii Fit Plus, and the Jillian Michaels workout. Unfortunatly I weigh too much to do the Wii Fit, but I have no excuses for not doing the Jillian Michaels one. I have only tried it once and I got it for Christmas. Anyway, I get on the scale that Sunday morning, and I had lost .6 pounds....I WAS SO FRUSTRATED!! Yeah, I didnt exercise, but I ate A LOT better then I usually do....It is not unlikely for me to eat fast food 4 or 5 times a week, and I didnt have fast food at all that week! I also only had 1 pop that week...granted, it was diet pepsi, but I thought that was bad for me too? So, what do I do? Go to Jack In the Box for lunch and get a big juicy burger and some cheese fries!

So, needless to say, this last week was a disaster. I was so frustrated that I hadn't lost any weight that I said screw it...maybe I should eat what I want and throw in some exercise...then maybe I will lose weight. So, I ate what I want...but "forgot" the exercise part. Haven't weighed myself yet, planning on doing that in the am, but I am sure it won't be any different then last week....

I hate that I had that mind set last week, but that is one of the problems that I have to face....I fall of the wagon when I get frustrated and things don't go the way I want them too. That is probably why I am the size I am. I am hoping to get that under control, before I leave for the Ridge, because if I don't, I am going to die when I get there! I am going for 4 weeks and I know I need to prepare myself before getting there. That is why I am starting this blog.

I have also been reading everyone elses blogs, that are either there now, or preparing to go there as well, and I have to say it is quite the inspiration! I look forward to reading them everyday.

So, I hope this blog will hold me accountable for my actions, because I am hoping that people will read and I don't want to disappoint! My goal is to lose 40 pounds before I leave on May 30th. That is only 10 pounds a month so I know it is attainable. Thank you for following along with my journey!!

4 comments:

Brandi said...

It sounds like you and I have very similar behavioural issues..lol I felt like I was reading my own thoughts! Keep on trying! You will find your groove! Best of luck!

gottaluvme3 said...

Thanks Brandi!!

DeeAnn said...

I SO know the feeling of starting a diet, then wanting to give-up because the results just don't happen as quickly as you want. I just posted about that very thing on my blog today.

http://deeannisfitatforty.blogspot.com/2010/01/this-time-is-different.html

Hang in there. Caving in does not have to completely derail your attempts. Just get right back up on that horse and start over, and over, and over if need be.

I recently started reading this blog. It’s inspiring to see that though she had MANY fits and starts she has done a great job. Check it out.

http://pastaqueen.com/blog/2003/11/

gottaluvme3 said...

Thanks DeeAnn! Going to read your blog right now!