Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fitness Ridge Day 1



Well, last night at the hotel was ridiculous!! I couldnt sleep at all....The air conditioner was so loud, but if it was turned off it was too hot! So, I finally got out of bed at 8am. I decided to order room service! I have never done that and it beats sitting in the restaurant by myself. It was pretty awesome!! The shuttle picked me up at 11:10 to head off to Fitness Ridge.

I got checked in but my room wasnt ready yet, so I sat in the lobby reading my manual. A gal named Julie walked up to me asking if I had just gotten there and I told her I had. She welcomed me and informed me that she had been there 2 weeks and was staying 4 more weeks. She told me an amazing place it was and of course I started crying....happy tears! Found out that she is from Washington too so that was cool! I was so early, that I walked around and met some of the other people. Everyone here is so nice!! It was lunch time here, but they dont give the incoming guests lunch because check in really isnt until 3pm. One lady was nice enough to give me some artichoke soup! I was hungry so I figured I would try it, since I would be having it at some point anyway. NASTY!!!! I chased each bite with a drink of water! I will be having something different on that day for sure! I have heard the food here is really good, but I was kind of worried about some of the soups. Guess I will eat it if I am hungry enough!

Finally, my time came for me to Test In. They weighed me, measured me, gave me a water bottle, and sent me to talk to the life coach so should could explain the program a little bit. There were 3 others that met with her at the same time as me, so that was nice. After that, my room was finally ready! My room is upstairs which is exercise in itself, so I guess I can say I have officially started my workout! lol The rooms are VERY nice and it smelled good too! I unpacked all my stuff and laid on the bed to make sure it was sleepable for the next 4 weeks...not that I have a choice! It will do! :)

Soooo, the best news yet...just before dinner I found out that 3 past Biggest Loser Contestants were here this week! Nicole and Damian from season 7 and Bernie from season 5. Bernie and Brittany were my favorites that season so I am PRETTY excited!! I got my picture taken with them already, but will have to take another picture later this week when I look a little better!! LOL



I have me 5 people here that I have talked to on Facebook, so that has been pretty exciting! Dinner was pretty good. It was chicken, broccoli and spaghetti squash. The squash wasnt my favorite but it was edible. Dessert was Key Lime Pie made of Tofu and it was disgusting! After dinner was orientation! I felt like I knew everything already from talking to past guests and the guests that were here last week! Call me crazy, but I am kind of looking forward to the hike tomorrow.



Well, I better get to bed because 5:45 is going to come early tomorrow!

3 comments:

Sabine said...

looking good among all those famous people. Have a great hike. I am sure we'll be in touch on and off still but I know you will be either very busy or very tired....lol

The Girl Next Door said...

You look AWESOME in that picture, seriously, I think it may be my favorite picture of you ever! You look HAPPY! I don't think I have ever seen you soul happy! This is gonna be a great thing for you and I bet as you go along and adjust to the food even the tofu keylime pie will start to taste different!

Thank you for blogging for us! I enjoy reading it, it is like a little mini vacation for me too! :)

Love you sister! Stay strong and keep on keeping on!

Smooches- T

Deb Vasile said...

The food is not bad at all and I would suggest being a little more open to it otherwise it will be a long month for you. I was just there for a month and just got back yesterday. Go up to Bernie and tell him Deb says he is a LOSER, he will laugh and know who you are talking about. Hang in there it's a great ride if you give yourself to it.