Monday, May 31, 2010

Fitness Ridge Day 2

I am pretty tired today, so i am going to make it short (as it can be for being the first real day of exercise), and sweet.

Up at 5:45 this morning for our first hike. It really wasnt too bad....we hiked for 2 hours and got back a little early so I walked a mile on the treadmill. Then we had breakfast....EWEY EWEY Frittata!!! I had the cereal with almond milk and it was DELICIOUS!!! Next was a little lecture and then a stretch class. I guess everybody loves the stretch class but I just thought it was ok. Maybe I will like it more when I can actually do most of the stretches! Then was lunch....and I have to say, I really didnt want to eat it, mostly because we just had breakfast 2 1/2 hours prior and I had a headache and was stressed out. But, I did...it was carrot soup and a burrito. The soup wasnt bad, a little spicy, and the burrito was great!

After lunch the hard work starts! There was another lecture and then 3 intense classes....today I had Step and Pump, which some people call step and puke, but it didnt have that affect on me. It was a tough class with a lot of squats! Thank goodness it is only 1 day a week! Then was a pool class which I loved, and then Circuit Training which was fun, but MAN a workout!! You go back and forth from a cardio machine to a workout machine (cause I can't think of the name, but it is a different each time, to work your arms and legs and everything in between). You do each for 2-3 minutes, increasing the speed/weight every 30 seconds, and this lasts about 45 minutes. I have to say I really like this one too because it really pushed me. I ran on the treadmill more then I have ever ran before, and I used the eliptical about 5 times, and it didnt hurt my knees!! So, that was pretty awesome.

Then there was dinner. A DELICIOUS salmon burger and veggies, with a cranberry sorbet for dessert. We had another lecture after that.

All and all, today has been a very emotional day! Tonight my stomach was nauseous and I felt like I wanted to go home, and I honestly can't imagine staying 4 weeks! But everyone that has been here says that is normal and it will pass, so I am praying it does!! I did add an electrolytes tab to my water and my stomach stopped hurting so that is good. They said at dinner if you drink too much water it flushes the electrolytes out and then you can feel sick, so I think that is what happened. I never thought I would ever drink TOO much water!

Sorry there aren't any pics today. I wanted to focus more on the workouts and getting where I needed to be. I have to go to my room numerous times each day, and it is upstairs, so the less reasons I have to go to my room the better.

HERE'S TO HOPING TOMORROW IS A BETTER DAY, EMOTIONALLY!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep your head up Kristy! You can do this. I believe in you.
Bethany

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow is another day! This will pass! This is what you have wanted for so long!! I am sorry that you are having such an emotional day but I do believe in you and believe that it will pass! XOXO~Kristi

Unknown said...

I can only imagine how difficult it must be, but remember what it is you truely want. Prayers are with you Kristy

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Sounds like a pretty intense day! I am so proud of you and cannot wait to see the results of all the hard work you are putting fourth. Wish I was there to go through it with you!! Love you Sis =]