Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fitness Ridge Day 3

I obviously woke up a little sore this morning, but I didnt feel too terribly bad! Went on a hike today called Overlook. It was a paved hike that had some ups and downs but not too bad. I hiked 6 miles all together! I can't believe how well my feet are holding up! I did put moleskin on a couple of white spots on the balls of my feet, because they look like they could be turning into blisters, but I think they will be ok!

Breakfast this morning was called Sopa I believe. It was an egg beater/black bean casserole or something! Did not look appetizing but it wasn't half bad. Breakfast always comes with a dish of fresh fruit which is always good! My afternoon was pretty relaxed...I did have open gym for 45 minutes so I used the NuStep and the Eliptical (which I have never liked, but it hasnt been that bad). My knees could never handle it before, but today it was my thighs!!

Had a couple of lectures this morning, about nutrition and such. Lunch was Tuna and a salad and both were delicious! After lunch was a calorie challenge and a cooking demo. The chef here is amazing and worked for or learned under Wolfgang Puck. I bought both of the Fitness Ridge cookbooks and can't wait to make some of the stuff at home!

This afternoon was brutal! First I had cardio training. THIS WAS A KILLER!! I picked the treadmill. You start out at baseline and you increase your speed and/or incline 8 times every thirty seconds. Then you decrease it the same way. Then you do a 2 minute sprint as FAST as you can go, and then again for 1 minutes! You do this ALL twice! So, my proud moment today.....I RAN at a speed of 4.5 for 1 minute! I did 4 for 2 minutes, but I just couldnt increase it today. Maybe next week! Then we had total toning, which is free weights and working your upper body and lower body. I think this was hard only because it was right after the cardio butt kicking! Then was pool time....I typically love pool, but I felt like I was going to throw up the whole time, so it wasn't really enjoyable.

Dinner tonight was Vegetable Lasagna with broccoli, and TWO CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES! Yes, I said chocolate covered strawberries! You get there every Tuesday night and I can't WAIT!!! YUM YUM!!!! I put lemon in my water and it seemed to make my stomach feel better. Definately buying the electrolyte tabs tomorrow!!

Still feeling the same emotionally the same today....MAYBE a slight bit better, but not a whole lot....Hope it gets better soon! I can't believe tomorrow is Wednesday, which is technically the middle of the week, since we only go thru Saturday afternoon!

I CAN'T THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH for the positive thoughts and encouraging words. It really means a lot!!

1 comment:

Sabine said...

Can you imagine that at one time they cancelled the strawberries??? really! Big riots I think.
Wendesday is usually the toughest day for most. My girlfriend that went with me last year was pretty much a wreck and loved every minute afterwards. She has big regrets now not booking for this year. All I hear is "love Utah, love the mountains"....Keep up the good work and I'll see you on your B'day