Friday, June 4, 2010

Fitness Ridge Day 6

Today was the last full day this week! YIPPEE!!! The hike this morning was a pretty simple one...gravel with just a few inclines that weren't so bad. It was 4 miles if you made it to the end, and then 4 miles back. I didnt make it to the end because my shoe was rubbing my heal raw and I went back to find a guide to get a bandaid. So I walked a total of 7.5 miles, or close to that!! It was very hot by 7:30 this morning and we hike until 9. Next week it is supposed to be in the 100's (actually starting tomorrow), so I can imagine how hot it will be in the morning. Not fun when there isnt any shade. I haven't managed to get a bad sunburn yet, so that is good!

Breakfast was another egg thing but I had the cereal again! I had open gym after that for 45 minutes and then Cardio intervals (which was explained in another blog) for 45 minutes. Wasn't too bad of a morning! Lunch was a tostada which has been my favorite so far! I didnt try the soup...if I can't spell it or pronounce it, there is no way I am trying it! All I know is that it had tomatos, shrimp and avocado on top and it was cold! NO THANK YOU!!!

After lunch there was a quick meeting for the people that are staying next week. We had to share an accomplishment thus far. I was most proud of climbing Piano Rock, which is a very steep mountain and at the top is a rock that looks like a piano. Of course I was crying as I said this. I am such a cry baby!! After that I had a counseling appointment so that was perfect. I learned some things in there that brought light to who I am today. It was a pretty good session.

My afternoon classes were good. My favorite for the whole week was Cardio Disco Jam! It was a dance class and SOOOO much fun! Not many people liked it, but if you know me, you know I like to dance, so I was shaking it like there was no tomorrow! lol After that was a pool class, and then Circuit Training (go back and forth between cardio and weight equipment every 2 minutes). I didn't push my hardest in that because I was so exhausted today, but I will next time!

This evening has been very relaxing! I got a massage and have just been visiting with others, watching tv, and filling out postcards and cards for my loved ones! It is 8pm and still too hot to sit outside! Tomorrow is only a half day....we are actually done at 1pm!

I am feeling pretty good about what I have done this week, but still feel like these next 3 weeks are going to be so long! I have wanted to weigh myself SOOOO bad, but I have refrained. I will probably do it tomorrow or Sunday AM for sure!

Hope you all have a good weekend!

No comments: