Sunday, June 6, 2010

Fitness Ridge Day 7 & 8

Saturday morning, I did the same hike that I did on Friday, called West Canyon. I thought I had almost made it to the end Friday, but I guess I still had a mile to go. Saturday, my goal was to make it to the end! So, a gal named Rosemary and Nicole from BL7 walked with me, and we made it to the end! The last mile or so was quite the struggle, so you can imagine how hard it was going back the 4 miles I had just gone. I was exhausted, dizzy, sore, and I felt those darn blisters on the bottom of my feet. I honestly thought I was going to pass out on the way back, but I made it!! I have to say I would rather climb mountains then walk that 8 miles again! (I say that today but next week when they put me on a harder hike I will probably be begging to go back to the "easy" hikes!)

We had breakfast when we got back. I opted for toast because I felt nauseous, and it also came with almonds. I had to get a propel because my electrolytes were low. I was going to lay down in my room afterwards and skip out on the next and last class, but when I got to the room the maid was there! I guess it was meant for me to go to that last class! So I got my swimsuit and went to the pool. Lucky for me, they take it easy on you on Saturdays in the pool. We played volleyball, dodgeball, and tag! It was actually a lot of fun and burned a lot of calories!

Next was lunch. It was squash soup, which I tried but disliked, a turkey sandwich, and a salad. The latter two were pretty good! The rest of the afternoon is on our own! No more working out! I did some laundry a laid down for 2 hours! Dinner was Salisbury Steak (made of ground turkey of course). It was ok. Dessert was pineapple sorbet and it was yummy! After that is graduation for those that are leaving. We watch a dvd and slide show of pictures from the week, and everybody gets a copy of them to take home. It was a nice little evening!

After that, a group of us went bowling. I am really glad I am staying a few more weeks....only because I was so hungry I wanted to stop by all the fast food places we passed. And, there was a Taco Bell right next door to the bowling alley. Not to mention, all the yummy food at the bowling alley. I wanted to get a Diet Coke, but nobody else did so I didn't either. UGH!! I think the food is the hardest part for me, so hopefully I will figure out how to not be so consumed by it.

The other guests and staff here have been so supportive and encouraging! I love being surrounded by happy, positive people all the time. I can't say I miss the stress of being at home, but I do miss my friends and family.

Sunday is our day of rest! But of course I was wide awake at 6am, mostly because my roommate had to get ready to leave. I laid in bed til 7:15 and figured I might as well get up. First thing I did was weigh myself, because I have wanted to all week, but refrained. Weight loss this week: 9 pounds!!! I was so excited to see that and want to keep it up the rest of my time here!! Breakfast this morning was the best so far!! Half a waffle with raspberry syrup!! LOL It also came with a turkey sausage patty and a scrambled egg beater. I just ate it an hour and a half ago and my stomach is already asking for more :( I am getting ready to go into town with another lady here, which will be nice, before it gets too hot. Supposed to be 105 today! Looking forward to meeting the newcomers this week. Only 26 people are staying this week, which means there could be about 40 newcomers! A few I already sort of know from facebook so that will be nice!

I probably won't be blogging every day this next week, as my schedule will be similiar to last week. Thanks for keeping up with me! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristy, I just want to say how amazing you are and how proud I am of you. Everytime I read your post it brings tears to my eyes because I know how important this is to you and you are making your dreams come true! Keep up the great work!! Love ya girl!!

gottaluvme3 said...

Awwww.....THANK YOU!!! I appreciate all the support!!