Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fitness Ridge Day 5

I woke up this morning feeling REALLY good! I was really tired, but that happens every morning. My group went on a hike called Butterfly. We had to walk through lava rock for awhile before getting to the Butterfly Rock. The "volconos" here are under ground, so there were a bunch of hole's that kids actually go play in. The volcanos are less then dormant, but I can't remember the word for it. So, the Butterfly Rock is two rocks that look like wings, so when you stand in it, you look like a butterfly! One of the other girls took a pic cause I didnt take my camera today, so hopefully I will get that! Then we continued our hike up these steep red rock mountains. It was AMAZING what we all accomplished! I never would have thought I could do something like that, but I did. It wasn't too bad going up, it was the coming down I was afraid of, but I made it.....without sliding down on my butt or falling! It was a GREAT feeling, and we got some good pictures! Again, I will have to get them from somebody else. I am definately bringing my camera to all the other hikes!

Breakfast was an egg sandwich with a slice of turkey bacon. And our usual plate of fresh fruit. It was good today! The afternoon was pretty relaxing again! I had stretch and a couple of lectures. Lunch was potato and broccoli soup, which wasnt my fave but tolerable, and a rainbow sammie, which was a tomato and onion sandwich with guacomole and a little cheese. Without the tomato, it was FANTASTIC! lol I am not a guacomole fan, but I tried it and you couldnt even taste it.

My classes this afternoon were Treading, which was painful! You start out running your hardest on the treadmill (you can choose any cardio machine) for 5 minutes, the recovering for 5 minutes, then again for 4 minutes, 3 minutes, and so on down to 1 minute, and you do 1 minute 3 times. I ran at a speed of 4.5 again, but worked up to it by the time I got to 3 minutes. Still a big accomplishment for me and I was sweating like crazy....EWWWW! Next was a pool class, and thank goodness my swimsuit came today! I had been wearing one that was too small, so I was WAY more comfortable! The last class was called ball works. You do a bunch of stuff on a balance ball (not sure if that is what it is called). It was pretty rough on my arms actually, but it was good.

Dinner tonight was chicken and potato salad. Of course the potato salad wasn't the typical mom's potato salad! It had yams, potatos, green onions, tomatoes, and corn, and it was warm! I ate half of it. Dessert was apple cobbler and it was DELICIOUS!!!

So, I am feeling pretty good tonight. I went to meet with the life coach tonight but it was decided that I need to talk to the counselor! Big surprise there! I meet with her tomorrow and I am also getting a massage!!! Can't wait for both of those appointments! Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! YAY!!!!!

No comments: