Saturday, May 1, 2010

4 Weeks to go....

I can't believe how fast time is flying by! The last couple of weeks have been rough emotionally. Good news first though! Last week I lost 6 more pounds!!!! Bad news....my husband lost his job. I have gone through so many emotions since then that it is wearing me out!! My first thought was that I would have to cancel my trip to Fitness Ridge. I would get most of my money back and that would pay the bills for the next few months in case he doesnt get unemployment or another job by then. But all of my friends and family, including my husband, INSIST that I still go. I do see their point. Why do I have to suffer because my husband made poor choices? Once again, I wanted to put something off that was for ME, to take care of my family.

Also, because of the job loss, we have to figure something else out for insurance. We paid NOTHING for medical insurance through his work. Just co-payments when you actually went to the doctor. At my work, it costs $500 a month to cover our whole family, which is absolutely not affordable at this point. I have 1 month to figure out how to get affordable insurance.

Then, there is trouble with my oldest step son. He is having some trouble in school, with not turning in assignments or not completing the assignments, so his grades were horrible. On top of that, he doesnt have the greatest attitude in the world. He is disrespectful and VERY arguementative and we are pretty much at our wits end with what to do to help him. Because of this, and his request, he is going to go live with his mom after this summer. He is 14 and going into high school. Hopefully this change will be good for him. Unfortunately I am quite relieved because I am so stressed when he is around.

And last but not least, the girl I was originally going to room with for the entire 4 weeks in Utah, has canceled all together now. I was pretty bummed when she canceled the last two weeks, but a few days ago she had to cancel the first two weeks as well. I was really looking forward to meeting her and having someone there that sort of knew what I needed. Unfortunately things happen, and people need to do what is best for them, so now I am on a hunt for a new roommate. I really want to be able to chat with the person before I get there! GOOD LUCK IN YOUR NEW ADVENTURE JENI!!!!

So far this week, I have only exercised 1 day, and I haven't eaten the best! I am really hoping to get back on track as I only have 4 weeks until I arrive at Fitness Ridge. I dont have a choice once I get there, to eat bad or not exercise! But, I still need to try and prepare as much as I can! As of this morning, I have not gained or lost this week.

Well, wish me luck on the coming week!! Thank you to everyone that has been leaving me words of wisdom, luck, encouragement!!

6 comments:

F. Lex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cat said...

Hang in there, and you are right, YOU need this and YOU never put yourself first. The greatest thing for me was having a month for ME. It was so liberating for me. Don't worry about the roommate so much, everyone is going for the same reason as you and we all are like a big happy family. Yes I used the word happy.
As far as the hubby's insurance, I read you have to be able to receive cobra for at least a year and it may be a lot lower than your insurance so I would check into that.
(((BIG HUGS)))

gottaluvme3 said...

THANKS CAT!!! Only a few more weeks til I get there and I can't wait! Your blogs were AMAZING, and I hope I can inspire people while I am there, the way you did!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!

Tonya said...

I am glad to hear you are doing this for you. I know you love your family, but you have to take care of you too. I wish you nothing but the best and you have accomplished so much. I have no doubts that you will be an inspiration.

Be Safe!
Have Fun!

gottaluvme3 said...

Thanks Siren!!!

G. Taller said...

Performance Platforms™ with Get Fit™ Technology by Grasshoppers shoes are smartly designed to promote muscle activity, while walking, and tone key muscle groups including calves, quads, and hamstrings. This leading shoe technology was developed with the active lifestyle of today's consumer in mind. Now, everyone has the opportunity to get the most out of every step in their daily routine. Each shoe style represents quality and comfort, and has been tested in a state-of-the-art biomechanics lab for function, performance and toning benefits."I've reorganized closets with Huggable Hangers™, revolutionized kitchens with GreenPan™, and freshened homes with Forever Fragrant™," said Joy Mangano. "Now I hope to enhance every step in Performance Platforms™ with Get Fit™ Technology by Grasshoppers. It's finally time to be stylish, comfortable, AND active."The shoe's patented Celliant™ Lining is especially formulated to help increase the complete comfort of the shoe. The individually designed Comfort Pod provides enhanced cushioning for all day comfort. Additional features include a Removable Comfort Insole designed to cradle every curve of your foot; a Soft Compression Heel uniquely designed to help return energy with every step; and the Muscle Activating Outsole that helps to tone key muscle groups and benefit your body while walking.